Anson County Local Food and Farms
NC also has one of the most robust farmers market networks in the country, with over 230 markets and roadside stands. With the closing of dine-in restaurants and more demand on meats and other store-bought foods, here is a list of Anson markets and farms open and ready to fill the grocery gap:
- Brown Creek Creamery (Order online http://www.browncreekcreamery.com/ and pickup at the farm in Wadesboro, NC): hand-crafted farmstead cheeses; mild cheddar, pepper cheddar, curds, and fromage.
- Chad Horne Farm, https://peachesandcreamnc.com/ 704-695-2551 On-farm pickup in Peachland, NC; ground beef, boneless stew beef, chuck roast, boneless ribeye steak, steak tenderloin, N.Y. Strip.
- Peaches and Cream, roadside stand at 2735 US Hwy 74W, Wadesboro, NC; strawberries (soon!), vegetables, NC honey, homemade ice cream, and cobblers.
- Rayfield’s Meat Center; specializing in whole hog sausage, plus many other pork products. Recently added beef ribeye and ground chuck.
- Wild Hog Farms, porch pick-up or delivery from Wadesboro, NC. Message Homestead & Hustle on Facebook; bulk sausage, Boston butt, tenderloin, smoked bacon, and smoked sliced ham.
- Greene Farm Beef https://www.greenefarmbeef.com/ in Peachland, NC. Beef sold by the cut, quarter (approx. 125 lbs), half (approx. 250 lbs), or whole (approx. 500 lbs). Please call 704-272-9098, or 704-221-5227 for more information or orders. Deposit may be required.
Even more Anson markets will open in the summer including Lilesville’s roadside stand at Centenary AME Zion Church, and the Wadesboro and Uptown Farmers Markets mid-June. We’ll keep you posted on seasonal markets at “N.C. Cooperative Extension of Anson County” Facebook page. Also, this summer, check out online products from Bountiful Harvest Farm NC in Polkton, for a delicious selection of heritage breed poultry products – they are currently accepting pre-orders for late June. Don’t despair over the sight of bare shelves at the stores, consider “growing” your knowledge of local foods, farms, and markets of Anson County! If you would like to add your farm to Anson’s growing list of locally sourced food please contact Anson’s Horticulture Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-206-1224.