Building Wholesale Capacity & Food Safety for Produce Farms
DATE: December 5, 2019
TIME: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
LOCATION: N.C. Cooperative Extension, Anson County Center: 501 McLaurin St, Wadesboro, NC 28170
REGISTRATION: $20 CFSA Member / $25 Non-member. Lunch included. Register by phone at (919) 542-2402 or online.
Chloe Johnson and Krista Morgan of the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association will be teaching a low-cost workshop on wholesale production and GAP certification.
Almost all wholesale buyers require a food safety certification. A class like this one is required for GAP certification. Register today to get a head start on increased sales in 2020. You’ll leave this workshop knowing:
- What is important to consider before scaling up business,
- How to find wholesale buyers,
- What it means to be “GAP Certified,”
- What to expect on audit day,
- The latest changes in food safety and FSMA, and
- Examples of practices to implement on your farm for wholesale success!