Where Does Anson County Rank in Agricultural Categories?
- Total income in cash receipts last year to the county for both agriculture and forest products was $225,636,563. Over $203 M total was in ag income, and over $22 M in harvested timber.
- Anson County ranks 13th in the state overall in agricultural production.
- Anson County ranks 10th for Broiler Production and 9th for Turkey Production in North Carolina.
- Anson County ranks 24th in Swine Production in North Carolina.
- Of the total acreage of 340,216 in the county, Anson County boasts 429 Farms with 24,035 acres of harvested cropland, 224,813 acres in timber and forestland and 28,900 acres in pasture and hay.
- Anson County ranks 31st for Beef Cattle Production in North Carolina.
- Poultry production accounted for $167,133,000 of Anson County’s total Farm Income in 2015.
- Forestry production was $22,422,577 of Anson County’s total Farm Income in 2015. That year, Anson ranked 4th in the state for timber harvests income.
- Anson County ranks 37th for Corn Production in North Carolina.
- NC State University estimates that in 2012 over 18% of the jobs in Anson County were tied to agriculture and 26% of all value-added income in the county was in agriculture and agribusiness.
- In the September 2014 issue of “Prairie Farmer” Magazine, Anson County was recognized as the 19th best county in the nation in which to farm!
- Field Crop production accounted for $16,338,000 of Anson County’s total Farm Income in 2015.
- Swine production accounted for $13,603,000 of Anson County’s total Farm Income in 2015.
- Anson County ranks 10th in the State of North Carolina for Cash Farm Receipts in Livestock, Dairy and Poultry.
- In 2015, Anson County received $491,000 in Direct, Indirect, and Market Support Payments from USDA.
Was the information on this page helpful?
This page can also be accessed from: go.ncsu.edu/readext?158811